But I had the great honor to have been a finalist. This is my second cookbook and I’ve been a finalist four times between IACP and the James Beard Foundation. That's darn good, Aaron Wehner reminded me; he's the publisher at Ten Speed Press and was my editor on Into the Vietnamese Kitchen, my first cookbook. If you want a post-mortem on the IACP cookbook awards, see my post on Viet World Kitchen.
On the other hand, I imagine that if you're reading this now at this site that cookbook awards may not matter that much to you. What you're interested in is the doughy magic that is inherent in Asian dumplings:
- How to make dumpling dough from scratch (see the master doughs in the cookbook!)
- How to make all those cool, pretty shapes (follow the written steps or watch the how-to videos)
- How to cook up dumplings or freeze them for later (read the recipes for tips!)
- How to eat them up (just open wide!)
- Asian dumpling recipes beyond the cookbook (peruse the recipe index)
In a nutshell, you want carb overload! If that's the case, you've come to the right place. Enjoy the content in the Asian Dumplings cookbook and the tips I publish here.
Many thanks for reading, cooking, and supporting my work.
Related links: 2010 IACP Cookbook Award winners