There is lots of information packed into the Asian Dumplings cookbook, but you may need some more guidance. Below is a listing of how-to videos on this site, as well as pointers on having a dumpling party, ingredients, and cooking and technical hints. Use this information for recipes in the book and on this site.
General how-to videos:
- How to roll out Asian dumpling wrappers
- Basic Asian dumpling shapes: Half Moon, Pea Pod and Big Hug
- Advanced dumpling shapes: Pleated Crescent
- How to shape a rope edge (for empanadas, turnovers, curry puffs)
- How to fold basic wonton shapes
- How to Fold a Closed Satchel
- How to Make Shanghai Spring Roll Wrappers
Specific dumpling technique videos:
- Tolerance Test: Are Gluten-Free Asian Ingredients for You?
- Building a Pantry for Asian Dumplings
- Wonton Skin Buying Tips
- Shaoxing Rice Wine: A Buying Guide
- My Baking Soda and Bao Mistake (don't do this!)
- The Right Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk for Perfect Gulab Jamun
- Banana Leaf Basics
Equipment, cooking techniques, and more:
- DIY Asian Wooden Dowel Rolling Pin
- Tips for Cooking Frozen Asian Dumplings
- How to Make Steamed Chinese Bao White?
- How to Put a Crisp Skirt on Pot Stickers
- Easy Way to Pipe Sauces and Frostings
- Sending Dumplings in the Mail